The Generation to Generation is a Graduate Award Fund In Memory of Caroline Rosen for Sociology Majors and Recent Alums applying to graduate and professional schools. Thanks to a generous donation from retired faculty member,Dr. Rachel Kahn-Hut, the Sociology Department is pleased to help Sociology students defray the costs of applying to graduate and professional school.
- This award is intended for lower-income students.
- Applicants should be SFSU Sociology majors in their senior year or alums who graduated the preceding year;
- have a GPA in the Sociology major of at least 3.0.;
- and be among those students who faculty believe show promise for graduate study.
We will consider students applying to many types of academic and professional schools.
How to apply:
Submit 3 COPIES of the following to Dr. Hossfeld’s mailbox in HSS 370:
1. Your name, address, phone number, e-mail and SFSU ID number;
2. A list of graduate programs you are applying to or have applied to, the due dates
and application fees; and/or a list of any graduate entrance exams, dates and fees;
3. Your Statement of Purpose for your graduate school applications, explaining your
goals and qualifications for graduate study;
4. A copy of a Graduate School letter of recommendation from a SFSU Sociology faculty
5. Your unofficial transcripts, general GPA, and GPA in the major.
2015: Nourredine Chtaini
2014: Stephanie Arteaga
2014: Kaelee Rose Epstein
2013: Leroy Arciniega, Corey Alton Drew and Valetin Misostov
2012: Hollis Fleischer and Diana Garrett
2011: Christopher M. Roque
2009: Susan Estrada and Nima Eslamieh
2008: Gerard O. Byron
2007: Francisco Javier Reyes and Michael Grasso